Welcome the 2016 IEEE CogSIMA conference website!
The CogSIMA conference series provides an annual venue for presenting multi-disciplinary research on complex heterogeneous dynamical systems - of interacting humans, machines, computer agents and/or networks - whose individual and/or collective behavior depends on their situation awareness.
Examples of systems include command and control systems, disaster monitoring and recovery systems, human-robot teams, physical and cyber security systems, intelligent transportation systems, as well as communication and social networks. Common to these systems is the need to adequately perceive, reflect, act, and communicate according to the current situation and expected changes - both in the environment and within the systems themselves. The amount of information that needs to be processed in order to derive decisions typically poses significant challenges for both human cognitive capabilities and computer processing power. Consequently, there is a need to develop novel situation awareness and decision support approaches for augmenting their capabilities of dealing with the following problems:
- Selecting relevant data and actively asking/searching for additional information
- Integrating disparate data into a consistent world model
- Inferring relations among elements of the situation, including prediction of future states
- Assessing uncertainties associated with data, information, predictions and decisions
- Making decisions to select the best actions to achieve goals and objectives
- Interacting with other agents to achieve shared situation awareness and improve decision-making
CogSIMA conferences are aimed at researchers and practitioners from academia, industry and government, with a wide variety of backgrounds and experience including computer science, human factors, cognitive science, modeling & simulation, robotics, and systems engineering.
- Tutorial proposal submission: CLOSED
- Full paper submission CLOSED
- Acceptance notification: 14 Dec 2015
- Camera ready paper: 1 Feb CLOSED
- Author Registration Deadline: 15 February 2016
- Early Registration Deadline: 15 February 2016
- Hotel Reservation Deadline: 27 February 2016
- Cancellation Deadline: 29 February 2016
- Presentation submission: 19 Mar 2016
- Tutorials Final Handouts/Presentation Files submission: 29 February 2016
Authors: Acceptance notifications have been sent out at this time. If you have any questions or have not received an email notification please do not hestitate to contact us.
Room Reservations must be made by 27 February, 2016